Saturday 10 May 2014

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go....

As the much loved John Denver song goes, this thursday my lovely Mother, Jenny and I will be 'leaving on a jet plane' to embark on our latest voyage.

This trip was born from the idea that Jenny had always wanted to go to the Chelsea Flower Show in London.  



A flower/garden lover from way back, this international flower show had been on the bucket list for a while.  
However, to go all the way to London for one day was a bit silly, so we've built a 7.5 week magical tour around our one day at the CFS.

This trip has been many months in the making and couldn't have been organised without the tireless hard work of Mrs Lyn Tyson of Travel Managers.  I usually like to book and plan these trips by myself, but there comes a time when you're booking tricky flights where you want to return but not to the same place and you need a hotel, but can't decide, then you need the assistance of an expert with a wealth of knowledge and good contacts and this is where Lyn came in.  She came highly recommended by my lovely cousin, Chris Dobson, who used to work in the travel industry herself and when it comes to all things travel, I take what Chris says as gospel!.  Having said that, coupled with my personal experience thus far with Lyn, I would also give her the two thumbs up (three, if I had a third!) if you ever need the help of a fabulous travel agent.  She made everything so easy and is a lovely lady to boot!

And so, the packing begins...


I have this same dilemma every time I go anywhere.  I know it's a first world problem, but I just can't work out what size suitcase to take, or what to pack!  I've read blogs and Huffington Post articles on Facebook about the best ways to pack and what not to bring and you'd think after nearly 10 years of travelling that I'd have a pretty good grasp on it by now.... but alas, the knack still eludes me.

Jenny and I are both going to try taking only small suitcases this time.  There will be a bit of train travel, which means getting your bags down the platform and up onto the train, generally with no help, so the smaller and lighter the better.  However, being ladies, it's tricky to not want to pack your entire wardrobe.

Previously, I have been guilty of taking too many shoes.  I don't think I'm alone on this one, am I? And every time, I come home and there's always that one (or two) pairs that never had a chance to leave the case. 


I vow that this time will be different!

I very much look forward to you all coming along for the ride (metaphorically speaking of course, we've already talked about the size of my suitcase) so that I can regale you with more stories about shoes and whatnot..... I promise the story content will raise above the level of footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment